Garmin has added Embraer’s Phenom 100 and 300 business jets equipped with the Prodigy Flight Deck to its portfolio of G1000 NXi integrated flight deck upgrades.
Significant performance enhancements accompany unique features such as SurfaceWatch, visual approaches, geographical map overlay within the HSI and more.
A Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck upgrade on the Phenom 100/300 is targeted for approval in Q1 2019.
Features included as part of the G1000 NXi upgrade for the Phenom include:
- SurfaceWatch runway monitoring technology provides visual and aural cues to help prevent pilots from taking off or landing on a taxiway, on a runway that is too short or on the wrong runway based on performance data entered during preflight.
- Visual approaches offer pilots enhanced guidance in visual flight conditions based on a three-degree glideslope from the threshold of the runway. Pilots can set customised minimums, select vectors or straight-in for the final approach intercept and fly a visual approach coupled with the autopilot.
- Geographical map overlay within the HSI supports the display of NEXRAD, Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) weather, weather radar, SafeTaxi airport diagrams, traffic, terrain and more.
- Flight Stream 510 and Connext technology enables Database Concierge, the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot app on a mobile device to the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck. Flight Stream 510 also supports two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of traffic, weather, GPS information, back-up attitude information and more.
- Available as an option for the Phenom 100, the G1000 NXi system supports the display of various Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) In benefits via the GTX 345R transponder.
- Pilots can optionally overlay European Visual Reporting Points (VRPs) on the moving map, as VRPs are standard within the navigation database.
- Display of sectional charts, as well as IFR low/high enroute charts are available on the MFD.
- Smart Airspace highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace.
- COM frequencies are decoded and displayed on the PFD or easier interpretation.
- Decoded Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAFs) can be viewed on the MFD.